JUST DO IT!
Initially, you may want to start small and explore the in and outs of crypto.
You can buy up to one-millionth of a Bitcoin known as a Satoshi.
Start with what you can afford to lose and work your way up.
Here are some other precautionary steps to minimize risk.
- Exchanges will require your bank account information to convert USD to coins and vice versa. Some exchanges have been compromised, thus putting your bank information at risk. A separate account will safeguard your main account. Plus, government adoption uncertainty could result in your bank account being closed. https://www.silvergatebank.com/
- Purchase a new never-used computer, laptop, tablet for use with cryptos only. Used computers may harbor viruses and malware, putting you at risk.
- Work only in a protected WIFI channel you can trust.
- A VPN masks your location. I highly recommend the use of this software for privacy and safety VPN video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAnf6tTTqFY
- Acquire a new and unique email account for crypto use only. Emails are one-way computers get compromised. I suggest you consider an encrypted email provided by https://protonmail.com/.
- Use the new Brave browser. A faster, more private, and secure browser for PC, Mac, and iOS, and Android. Block ads and trackers that slow down computers. Download Here
- Protect computer with Anti-virus and malware at all times.
- Initiate 2-factor verification on the phone. Available in security settings in most exchanges.2FA video:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hGRii5f_uSc Google support:https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185839?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en
- Never, never keep coins in exchanges or hot wallets.
- You will be signing up with multiple exchanges, 2fa verification, ledger nano-s, etc. Document and keep all information securely in one central location.
- Be sure that all the sites you visit are SSL secured. The URL will look like this: or
We have designed a form to accommodate all your sensitive information. I encourage you to download the form carefully, complete and store it in a safe location.
Exchanges are used as an entry point to obtain desired coins. Once acquired coins should be immediately transferred to an offline cold wallet.
Exit Strategy - Historically, when markets run, it has been challenging to exit and take profits.
I recommend you sign up with a minimum of three exchanges to ensure an exit window when in need.
Coinbase is a web wallet with a simple design and some beneficial features that make it excellent for beginners. You can send and receive bitcoins via email and buy and sell bitcoins directly from Coinbase. A full-featured Android app enables access to all account functions on the go. Coinbase's founders have a proven startup track record and have raised money from very prominent venture capitalists. This gives Coinbase a level of legitimacy unparalleled in the Bitcoin space. They are also one of the only large Bitcoin companies never to suffer a major hack.
Once registered, coinbase has a detailed "how-to" proceed section that will aid you in buying cryptos.
Disclosure: I am an affiliate and would appreciate your support by signing up by clicking on the icon below. Thanks!
The industry has made great strides in simplifying the buying process. The main issue of concern is the security and safe storage of your crypto private keys.
Our suggestions are by no means all-inclusive but merely some guidelines a prudent online consumer would practice.
There are many excellent and free videos available on youtube that deal with just about any aspect of cryptos. I will randomly post some and encourage you to support those you found helpful.
Some in the crypto community feel that Coin Market Cap has been unprofessional in their assessment of coins and are boycotting them at this time.
My source for live updates is.
Market capitalization (market cap) is the market value of a coin or token freely traded outstanding coins. Market capitalization is equal to the coin price multiplied by the number of coins outstanding. As the outstanding coin is bought and sold in public markets, capitalization could be used as an indicator of public opinion of a company's coins net worth and is a determining factor in some forms of coin valuation.
To my knowledge, the most comprehensive video guide to buying cryptos is the most recent update from Cryptocasey.
I personally found major flaws in my crypto-buying protocol that may have placed me at risk.
Review the video and do exactly as instructed and you will be far ahead of the average crypto enthusiast.